Reporting to the Human Resource Director or a designate, the Human Resource Officer will be responsible for providing administrative and HR generalist support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, labour and employee relations, benefits administration and employee counselling.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
• Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation;
• Recruits staff – this includes developing job descriptions and job specifications, preparing job advertisements, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
• Maintains personnel files and other employee information;
• Advises on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
• Provides interpretation and advise in compliance with Labour Laws;
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to employees and line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Developing with line managers/supervisors HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
• Identifies training needs and plans and delivers training in conjunction with Heads of Departments, including orientation for New Employees;
• Using a number of management information systems to record, maintain, plan and manage the organization’s human resources;
• Assists employees with work related matters and career development;
• Participates in organizing employee welfare services such as health and wellness programmes, retirement benefits coordination, health claims processing and social activities;
• Assists with the processing of work permits for international employees and related HR matters.
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Human Resource Management or the equivalent.
• At least two (2) years’ relevant working experience.
• Knowledge of Labour Laws
• Proficient with the Computer (MSExcel, MSWord and the Internet)
• Knowledge of HRMIS
• Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
• Tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information
• Excellent time management skills to balance administrative role and other required functions.
• Great team player
Applications along with resume should be sent by Friday, April 24, 2020 to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Or electronically to email@example.com with the applicable Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.