The prospective candidate will report to the Head of the Finance Division and will assist with the day-to-day financial accounting operations, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all transactions. He/She will assist in maintaining financial security by ensuring that internal control systems are adhered to.
Core Functions and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the maintenance of proper accounting records and internal control systems up to the Trial Balance stage in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, The Companies Act of Jamaica, and company accounting policies.
- Lends full technical financial accounting support to the Finance Department Head.
- Ensures the general ledger is adequately maintained and recordings are complete.
- Monitors and review the monthly payroll process of all employees. Ensure proper payroll controls are applied and calculations are correct.
- Ensure that adequate fixed assets records are maintained, identifying the location and the user of each asset and arrange for the annual and periodical inventory of assets and updating of the records.
- Ensure all bank reconciliations are reconciled on a timely basis and are reviewed.
- Ensure proper inventory records are maintained, plan periodic and yearly stock taking exercises and ensure general ledgers are appropriately maintained and agreed with related general ledger accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the safe custody of all financial records for review by relevant authorities, third party monitoring agents; and external and internal auditors.
- Manage the accounting system to ensure that all financial transactions are timely reviewed, approved and processed in accordance with effective internal control standards.
- Filing of monthly General Consumption Tax Returns and Payroll Statutory Returns in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations, investments accounting and ensure reconciliations are prepared on a timely basis.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end reports for internal management purposes.
- Assist with the annual budget preparation.
- Responsible for preparation of audit schedules, Income Tax Computation and assisting with completion of annual external audit and other statutory compliance reporting.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ACCA Level III
- Ten (10) years experience in professional accounting with at least six (6) years at the Supervisory level.
- Experience in the medical industry would be an asset
- Adept at using Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Expert Knowledge and understanding of accounting with excellent working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with accounting backlog
- Highly detailed with advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to be trained in the use of Electronic Medical Records and Accounting Software
- Well developed interpersonal skills and good Team Player
- Exceptional time management skills
Applications along with resume should be sent by Monday, September 2, 2019 to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Or electronically to email@example.com with the applicable Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.