The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection of information from patients, preparation of the patient’s electronic medical records and the overall security and maintenance of medical records of patients. He/She will also be responsible for the application of the patient’s health insurance for designated services and the review of documents for accuracy.
- Flexibility is required since the incumbent may be required to work shifts outside of the 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. time frame as well as weekends and public holidays.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Ability to comprehend and comply with policies and procedures
- Ability to develop and maintain professional, service oriented working relationships with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors
- Good keyboard/typing skills and computer literacy
- Good written and oral communication skills including a professional, tactful, confident and calm approach
- Multi-tasking, detail-oriented, ability to work under pressure and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and people skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Customer Service Certification or equivalent
- Three (3) years experience in Customer Service or related field
- Prior experience in a Medical Records Department would be an asset
Applications along with resume should be sent by Friday, April 24, 2020 to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicable Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.