Maintains patient rights by educating patients; responding to patient and patient family complaints;
resolving patient issues; Reporting and following-up patient concerns and unresolved issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Presents the hospital’s patient rights philosophy to patients by visiting with them within the hospital facility; introducing them to the patient right’s manual; confirming their understanding of who to contact with questions or concerns.
• Prevents complaints by consulting with supervisors and managers who see a problem developing; offering suggestions to resolve potential complaints; modifying practices that cause repeated complaints.
• Documents complaints by listening to patient and patient family complaints; documenting details; determining what resolution is sought.
• Resolves complaints by listening to patients and their families; directing them to the appropriate hospital representative; helping them present accurate account or details to the hospital representative; developing acceptable resolutions; following-up on outcomes.
• Alerts Administrator and legal representative by documenting unresolved complaints and potential legal actions.
• Maintains patient and family confidence by keeping complaint information confidential.
• Improves quality results by assessing, and re-designing patient complaint processes; implementing changes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, government, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
• Enhances patient advocacy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Preparation of reports and/or presentations that accurately capture issues that warrant urgent resolution.
• Any other duties and specific work projects which may be assigned from time to time.
Academic qualifications and experience and knowledge required for job
• Bachelors Degree and/or equivalent work experience required in Communication/ Marketing, Customer Service, Health Care, Business, Behavioural Health or relevant related discipline.
• At least two (2) years’ relevant working experience.
• Proficient with the computer (MSExcel, MSWord and the Internet)
• Customer Service experience desirable
• Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Advanced troubleshooting and multitasking
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Exceptional listening skills.
• Ability to think strategically and function in a leadership capacity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
• Tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information.
• Excellent time management skills to balance administrative role and other required functions.
• Great team player.
Applications along with resume should be sent by Monday, September 2, 2019 to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Or electronically to email@example.com with the applicable Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.