GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Vice President of Finance/Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has responsibility for the overall hospital system Finance Division including planning, directing and coordinating activities related to financial management and reporting, treasury management, budgetary planning and financial risk management of the company. He/She will manage the financial affairs and seek to maintain the financial viability of the Hospital and ensure the provision of timely, accurate and reliable information in accordance with accepted accounting standards, operational policies and government regulatory requirements. This position functions within the Executive Administration of the hospital, as the lead on-site financial resource for the hospital, focusing on leading the hospital management team toward meeting the financial goals of the hospital.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains the financial viability of the hospital through sound financial planning, execution of agreed policies and ensuring integrity of pricing structure and hospital rates.
2. Ensures hospital operates an appropriate and effective financial management system supporting adequate internal controls and in accordance with financial reporting requirements, corporate guidelines and Government regulatory requirements.
3. Directs the development and implementation of new systems, policies and procedures as required to ensure the integrity of financial information and effective stewardship of the Hospital’s resources.
4. Responsible for hospital financial reporting, accounting, budgeting, tax compliance, payroll, audit related activities, investment and insurance
5. Leads the annual budgeting and forecasting process, actively reviews performance and monitor reports, comparing actual and budgetary results and noting changes for Management’s attention and/or action, to satisfy strategic financial objectives.
6. Prepares timely, quarterly financial operating statements with analysis and maintains appropriate accounting management systems to facilitate management accounts and departmental reports with comparative analysis.
7. Coordinates the annual audit, liaises with external auditors and leads effort to ensure successful completion of audit.
8. Provides timely responses to audit findings and arranges meetings to settle audit observations.
9. Manages the accounting effort to complete timely accounting preparation, including journal entry validation, transaction validation and postings, general ledger analyses and update, and reconciliations necessary to prepare the Financial Statements.
10. Ensures the timely reconciliation of bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payables, inventories, related party accounts, fixed assets, payroll and other applicable accounts and ensures they are kept current and posted to general ledger.
11. Manages and oversees related financial activities to include timely insurance claims processing, credit authorization, collections and receipting.
12. Provides leadership and management of all departments and personnel within the Finance Division, monitoring performance outcomes and making any strategic or operational changes to ensure Hospital’s objectives are achieved.
13. Assists in developing new business by analyzing the feasibility of new ventures, including new contracts and advises management of the financial prospects.
14. Manages contractual arrangements with local and overseas clients and the Government.
15. Manages related party transactions and requests for information (local and overseas).
16. Manages the hospital’s sustentation plan and approves/sets salary offers and adjustments and prepares salary budget.
17. Manages the Hospital’s cash flow and monitors the bank accounts on a daily basis, effecting fund transfers when necessary, and authorizing/approving all payments.
18. Performs the daily administrative duties of the function, which includes, attending meetings, the signing of documents and cheques, preparation of reports and letters, evaluation of staff performance and other duties relating to personnel management.
19. Oversees the IT Functions of the Hospital to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the infrastructural support for the Hospital’s smooth operation.
20. Evaluates Hospital’s financial position regularly, performing reviews and analysis of financial performance that aids decision making and meets with Senior Management to discuss and monitor outcomes of organizational objectives and implementation of plans that deliver value to key stakeholders.
21. Prepares, communicates and presents critical financial information to the Executive Leadership Team, the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors as necessary.
22. Performs any other duties that may be required from time to time to support the effective operation of the Finance Function.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. ACCA or CPA Designation.
2. Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
3. At least seven (7) years’ experience in similar capacity.
4. Supervisory Management certification and experience
5. Proficiency with the Computer (MS Office, and the Internet)
6. Current knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
7. Knowledge of accounting software
8. External audit experience preferred
9. Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
10. Healthcare Finance experience an asset
11. Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Exceptional Customer Service skills
• Sound decision-making skills
• Ability to analyze data
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information
• Excellent time management skills
• Great team player
• Good analytical, planning, organizational and time-management skills
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
• Excellent data entry skills
• Excellent presentation skills
Applications along with resume should be sent by Monday, September 2, 2019 to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Or electronically to email@example.com with the applicable Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.